Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Making my doll.

Most people scour to find a BJD that fits the character they want.  I, however, have not been at all lucky in finding a doll to match one particular character of mine.  The body that would have worked was made by a company that went out of business.  I have yet to find a face that screams "I'M HIM!!", and so I find myself in the quandary of either ditching the idea completely, or making one from scratch for myself.

I'm not known as one who gives up.  SO...  I have decided to make the character into a doll myself.

I had been keen on the idea of making my own doll, but didn't know what to make.  My friend Lii and I bantered around ideas and I thought I had come up with a good plan.  Then I realised that I already have a character in my head who needs a form, and I would feel completely guilty if I didn't let him be realised before I go traipsing off into other ideas.

I also realise that it is 4am and I should be in bed, but this is generally when my ideas hit me.  My brain thinks it's grand fun to do this to me at least 2-3 times a week.

So today, once someplace nearby opens, I will be going to get graph paper and lots of caffeine.  I'm hoping to have the initial sketches done by tonight.  Who knows, maybe I'll even start the sculpting.  While I don't have enough clay currently to make the whole doll, I should have enough to at least get started.

Oh, and brain?  Can we please go to SLEEP now?
Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment