Monday, November 5, 2012

Procrastinating? Meh, I'll do that tomorrow.

So I still haven't started on the sculpting of Kharis.  I have a plan, I know what I want... but I have this rather annoying habit of having something looking perfect in my head and when I try to put it on paper, my brain doesn't translate very well.  I'm terrified of this happening in clay, even though I know that I work better in clay than with pencil and paper.

I guess I just don't want to wind up wasting relatively expensive clay on a screwup.  So while I work up the nerve to do that, I've been instead working on clothes.  JoAnn's had a fabric sale, as did Hancock Fabrics in Harrisburg, and my friend Kim and I went and raided the places.

In the works:

Pyjamas set and shirt/pants for Hikaru (Kim's doll).  The shirt is in muslin right now, I found what was supposed to be a business-style button down shirt, but it turned out WAY too big, so it's going to have a Chinese style collar and sleeves instead.  I still think it looks nice.  I adjusted the pattern slightly to remove the extra fabric from the body.

Christmas dress for Sileas.  I have black faux suede/velvet, and a lovely Christmas plaid fabric, as well as lace trim and fur trim.  The dress will have a black 'velvet' capelet trimmed with fake fur, and a fur muff for her hands.  Need to find black, red or green maryjanes for her.

Hoodie for Takai/Amin.  They'll be sharing clothes.  I'm making a black knit hoodie with the fake fur trim.

I also need to sit down with Jami and work on the designs for Katsuro's outfits.  She has wonderful ideas but seems to be waffling about actually sketching them out.  If you want me to make it, I need to know what I'm making!  XD

And in addition to the Christmas dress, Sileas picked out a bunch of fabric to make her clothes and stuff with, including an adorable knit print fabric, some mouse-themed cotton, and really CUTE summer-ish dress fabric.  I keep telling her it's winter, and she refuses to believe it.

See you later!
Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment